Monday, September 26, 2016

ALEXANDRE FORTIN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF BLACKHAWKS TRYOUT

Alexandre Fortin, recent months have certainly been memorable.

It all started earlier this summer, when the Blackhawks scout Alexandre Rouleau contacted the agent Fortin Fortin was invited to the perspective of the team camp. It worked so well there that he was invited to the rookie tournament in Traverse City, Mich., Last week. And now the 19-year-old is here on a training camp trial.

Yes, it was quite a summer. Fortin and now wants to make it just as memorable of a fall.

Fortin assisted on a goal in Saturday's scrimmage, part of the training camp of the festival Blackhawks at the United Center. The Blackhawks will be keeping an eye on Fortin, who has been impressive since July prospect camp.


"I like his willingness to learn. These same things as you speak, it translates immediately to the right in the next quarter, "said Blackhawks assistant coach Kevin Dineen. "He is an intelligent brain child that has a nice offensive skills, he was able to show early. It is off a very good start and try to find a place in one of our exhibition games. "

Fortin had 19 goals in 54 games last season with Rouyn-Noranda of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Just to have a chance with the Blackhawks is motivation enough, although Fortin had already much. The native of Quebec was passed under two projects in the NHL, much like former Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw.

"I had two years where I have not written to me, and it is always difficult mentally. But some guys are never drafted and have a good hockey career, "said Fortin Jersey. "I worked a lot in the summer just to be ready to try to do the same as me in the perspective of camp."

"Of course, I had a few meetings with him just before coming here. He had a great career. He helped me on this. I can call every time, ask questions, "said Fortin. "It is good to see the guys veterans. You should use them as an example. It's what I want to do. I must learn to be a pro. "

Fortin does not know what the future holds, but it gets a chance with the Blackhawks, something he did not foresee when the summer began. And with this chance, anything can happen.

"You have to stay focused on your goal," said Fortin. "You know my life has changed a few times just with what I've done here. We will see later, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing now. "

No comments:

Post a Comment